1. Imo PDP devices a different format of LGA Campaigns to help connect and engage with the people. The State PDP Campaign Council Adopted a 3 Pronged approach. 1. Meeting with the LGA Traditional Rulers. 2. A Town Hall meeting excluding party members and stakeholders drawn from the Clergy, Okada Union, Market Unions, Town Union leaders, Pensioners, Artisans etc. 3. Finally is the campaign rally of all structures of the party at Ward and LGA level.
2. The LGA Rallies were sponsored by the leadership of the 27 LGA Campaign Council and not the State PDP Exco or Campaign Council.
3. The LGAs are the host. They played active role in funding and mobilization for the LGA campaign tour.
4. Only the Senatorial, Reps and House of Assembly Candidates of the affected or hosting LGAs were to mobilize their supporters to the Rally ground.
5. All other Senatorial, Reps and House of Assembly Candidates who were not affected were ordered to stay and continue to tour all Wards and Booths in their LGA.
6. PDP did not mobilize people from an LGA with Buses to boost crowd in an LGA to host the LGA Campaign Rally.
7. As a matter of deliberate policy, PDP want to see people of the LGA even if they are few. This will also help to rate acceptability of the party, its structure and grassroot base in the LGA.
8. The LGA Campaign tour was deliberately planned to task all LGAs of the party to work hard, because mobilizing crowd from other LGAs won’t help the party.
This is why Imo people are fired up to vote PDP.
Kudos to the Charles Babatunde Ezekwem Led Imo PDP Exco.