GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
CABINET OFFICE, OWERRI
His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha (CON) has approved the constitution of the Committee on Payment of Pensions in the State.
The Members of the Committee are as follows:
1. Mr. Evans C. Uzokwe (HOS Rtd.) – Chairman
2. Mr. Nnaemeka Nnoromele – Secretary
3. Sir Tim Azubuike – Member
4. Hon. Barr. Mike Ndubuaku(Chairman Local Government Service Commission and Chairman Local Government Pensions Board) – Member
5. Barr Chima Nwanna (D-COS) – Member
6. Pst. Livy Ashiegbu – Member
7. Permanent Secretary, Office of the HOS – Member
8. Office of the Accountant General’s Representative – Member
9. Representative of Nigeria Labour Congress – Member
10. Representative of Trade Union Congress – Member
11. Mr. J.O. Eze – Member
12. F.I. Agba – Member
13. Chief Okey Ewunonu – Member
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. To ascertain the exact number of months of arrears of Pensions owed State Pensioners.
2. To ascertain the exact number of months of arrears of Pensions owed Local Government Pensioners.
3. To Suggest the best way to verifying and capturing all existing Pensioners who retired from the State Public Service.
4. To suggest the best way of verifying and capturing all existing Pensioners who retired from the Local Government System.
5. To determine the actual number of Pensioners in the State and Local Governments respectively.
6 To advise the Government on the sustainable ways to pay Pensions regularly.
7. To advise the Government on the propriety of introducing and embracing the Contributory Pension Scheme in Imo State.
8. To make any other recommendations that will assist the Government of Imo State in tackling the problem of Pension payment.
The Committee which shall be inaugurated on Friday, 28th June, 2019 shall complete its assignment within two (2) months.
Uche Onyeagucha Esq.
Secretary to the Government of Imo State.